- Range address: New Lipata, Pusok, Lapu Lapu City, Cebu Philippines 6015
- Office address: #207 Don Mariano Cui corner Don Jose Avila Sts.
- Capitol Site, Cebu City Philippines 6000
- Telephone: +6332-412733 ; +6332-3406878
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CEBU PISTOL AND RIFLE ASSOCIATION
The History of Cebu Pistol And Rifle Association (CPRA) is steeped in excellence, tradition and community service. Organized in 1979, CPRA was incorporated in 1981 by seven prominent sportsmen in Cebu City.
In 1982, the CPRA made their home in the Visayas Command HQ in Camp Lapu Lapu, developing a CQB/firing range inside the camp where members and their military counterparts picked up and developed Practical Shooting. In cooperation with the Philippine Practical Shooting Association (PPSA), CPRA promoted the IPSC-Style of competition, making Cebu the center of this shooting sport in Southern Philippines.
In 1990, CPRA decided to move to a larger range to accommodate the growing activities of the club. The club identified an old quarry on Mactan Island which the club developed into a world class pistol and rifle range. Various National and Asian competition matches were held in the new site, giving the club the experience and know-how in hosting large international matches. The club and their firing range eventually gained world-wide recognition when CPRA hosted over 1,000 shooters from 63 countries who came to Cebu to compete in the 1999 World Shoot XII.
For twenty-eight splendid years, the Cebu Pistol and Rifle Association has been at the forefront of skills development and responsible gun ownership in the Philippines. The club is recognized internationally by organizations and governments as a premier sporting organization. CPRA continues to discharge its mandate as a safe, responsible and mature organization which has contributed its skills and resources to bring honor and esteem not only to the sport but also to the Cebu community and to the entire country.
However, little known outside the sport is the track record of CPRA in community service. In 1987, CPRA proposed a team-up with the Central Visayas Regional Command to start its now well-established firearms training, safety and proficiency program for the police units in Cebu. Gradually, the program developed into a year-round training program with CPRA Training Officers conducting Safety and Firearm Proficiency Programs in Cebu, Bohol, Dumaguete and other parts of Region-7. Through this program, CPRA has focused attention on how proper training can contribute to the increased safety of the community. In all its twenty-eight years of existence, CPRA has maintained a 100% Safety Record in its facilities, events and training programs.
Some milestones of CPRA:
1. The First International Level 3 Invitational in the Philippines – Asian Championship - 1992
2. The First Level 4 Match in the Philippines & in Asia – Australasia Championship - 1996
3. The First Level 5 in the Philippines & in Asia – World Shoot XII - 1999
4. The Second Level 4 in the Philippines – Australasia Championship - 2001
5. Level 3 - Jack Enrile Cup (PPSA Nationals) - 2002
6. Level 3 - Philippine National Police National Competition - 2004
7. Level 3 - The Visayas Area Championship - 2006
8. Level 3 – Glock Invitational - 2006
9. Level 3 – Cebu Pistol and Rifle Association Open Championship - 2006
10.Level 3 – ASEAN League Championship - 2006
To date, no other gun club in the Philippines and in the Asian region has put more time and effort in promoting and advancing the shooting sport. It is the vision of CPRA to continue leading the field in institutionalizing friendship, camaraderie and service through its activities.